Friday, January 6, 2012

With Life there is the Certainty of Death



On the eve of the anniversary of my father's death I reflect on all those moments in between. For those who have lost a parent, particularly at a younger age, I think you can understand the challenges and even silent suffering that occurs. At these age, my biggest challenge is all of the "what ifs".

If my father was still here with me,

would he have been proud?
what kind of grandfather would he had been?
would our relationship, strained at the time, find peace?
what kind of daughter would I have been?
would I continue my anger or forgiven him at some point?
what would his involvement be in my life at this time?

sigh

I miss you daddy, know that I am thinking of you, not just tomorrow, but everyday.

xo - J Designs by Bella of New York

No comments:

Post a Comment